WWII Russian tank with German markings uncovered after 62 years. WWII Buffs will find this interesting.
A Komatsu D375A-2 bulldozer pulled the abandoned tank from its tomb under the boggy bank of a lake
Near Johvi , Estonia . The Soviet-built T34/76A tank had been resting at the bottom of the lake for 56
Years. According to its specifications, it's a 27-ton machine, with a top speed of 53km/hr.
From February to September 1944, heavy battles were fought in the narrow, 50 km-wide, Narva Front in the northeastern part of Estonia .. Over 100,000 men were killed and 300,000 men were wounded there. During battles in the summer of 1944,the tank was captured from the Soviet army and used by the German army. (This is the reason that there are German markings painted on the tank's exterior.)